Friday, January 31, 2014

Boston Training: Week 8

Snow on a neighborhood street on Friday afternoon after a Tuesday night snowfall of about 2-3 inches.

This has been an unusual week with the move to a new house and a snow event here in the South.  On Saturday movers moved us from the apartment, so I ran my long run on Sunday.  School was closed for my children on Tuesday through Friday because of about 2 inches of snow in Wake County, NC.  On Tuesday, I ran mid day in my new neighborhood before the snow began falling that evening.  When snow covers the roads here, it is best to stay off of them because most are untreated, and people are not used to driving in the snow and ice.  I could not travel to the Y for my cycling class on Wednesday, and I wasn't able to run on Thursday because it was the day the movers arrived to unload the storage pod and because of icy road conditions.  This was one of those weeks for which you can have a training plan, and then you must acknowledge that life happens, and it was only a plan.

Sat.:  Day off; Moving Day!
Sun.: 12 hilly miles; 8:58 pace
Mon.: Day off
Tues.: 7 miles; 9:01 pace + 6 X 100 meter strides
Wed.: Cycling class:  snow - could not attend
Thurs.: 10 miles with 6 at an 8 minute pace; not done because of 2nd moving day and snow
Fri.: 6 miles; 9:03 pace

Snow at the new park.

No comments:

Post a Comment