Sunday, January 5, 2014

Boston Marathon Training: Week 4

Sat.: 14 miles on hilly roads; 9:31 average pace
Sun.:  Day off/travel
Mon.: 6 miles; 9:49 average pace plus 6 X 100 meter strides
Tues.: 8 miles; 8:58 average pace
Wednesday: Day off for New Year's Day!
Thursday: 9 miles; 8:56 average pace plus 8 X 100 meter strides
Friday: Cycling class; could not attend class

This week I have been monitoring pain on the inside side of my right knee and have decided to see a doctor.  I first felt the pain after a brick class (cycling and running) around Thanksgiving at the Y.  I continued to notice some discomfort or pain in the evenings or over night when I was still, but my knee didn't bother me when I ran.  I did not take time off after noticing this, and thought it might clear up in time.  It's better to be safe now than sorry later.




1 comment:

  1. I hope all goes well with your knee, June! I was looking for you on the ATT this morning, just in case you were running:).

    ReplyDelete