Monday, January 27, 2014

Boston Training: Week 7

Sat.: 15 miles with 9 miles at an 8:11 pace
Sun.:  Day off
Mon.: 7 miles; 9:42 pace
Tues.:  8 hilly miles with 1 minute hard run at the top of each hill; 9:09 pace
Wed.: stationary bike for 50 minutes
Thurs.: 10 hilly miles; 9:03 average pace
Fri.:  5 miles; 10:00 pace

This week I was lucky to have a training companion for my long run with nine miles at an 8:11 pace.  My goal had been an 8:20 pace, so we exceeded my expectations.  If she had not been there, I would have not been able to sustain that pace and probably would have taken a break or two mid run.  It has been cold again this week! In Apex, NC we had a dusting of snow on Tuesday night, so I wasn’t able to attend the YMCA cycling class as planned for Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment