Saturday, January 11, 2014

Boston Marathon Training: Week 5

Horses along my route prepare for cold weather.

Sat.: 14 miles with 8 at race pace; 8:17 per min. average pace for 8 miles and slow for the other 6
Sun.: Day off
Mon.: 8 miles; 9:14 per min. average pace
Tues.:  6 miles; 10:00 min. per mile average pace + 6 X 100 meter strides
Wed.: Cycling class
Thurs.: 9 miles with 4 miles at 7:48 per minute average pace
Fri.: cycling class; not accomplished

A runner's high!  New shoes and a box full of Gu!

Cold, cold, cold, cold.  That is how I explain this week.  My long run was cold and in near freezing temperatures even though I ran in the afternoon.  I do that rarely.  It was also a tough, lonely run. To escape single digit temperatures on Tuesday, I ran on a treadmill. Still shivering.  Brrrrrrrrrrr.......  During cycling class on Wednesday, my knee was sore at the start.  I worked through it.  I decided not to cycle on Friday because of my knee.

I scheduled an appointment with a doctor to talk about my knee.  Between the doctor's schedule and mine, the soonest I can get there is at the end of the coming week.  If I had an injury, I would cancel something on my calendar to get in sooner.


No comments:

Post a Comment