Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Last Chase Run of the Season

Today was the last Chase Run of the season.  It was dark when I started down the path, and I couldn't see my Garmin to track my pace.  During past Chases, I checked my pace frequently, but this time only noted my pace at mile intervals and then during the final mile to make sure I wasn't slowing.  

I was paired with another runner, and the time sped by. When we were caught by another runner, I thought of asking my partner how she feels when she gets passed, but I didn't ask.  I answered my own question as we charged down the path side by side.  I noticed the passing, but I was focused on my own effort, so I didn't dwell on that.

We talked a little during the first two miles. I dodged puddles along the way and was surprised how quickly we came to the lake and the turnaround spot.    While ascending from the lake, I concentrated on  maintaining our pace and plowed through the puddles.

During the third mile, I noticed landmarks that indicated the end was near.  I was wrong, but it was okay, and I just kept going.  It took all season, but with knowledge of the path and knowing how I run it, the ending was in sight at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment