Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's the Little Things

The Wednesday hill run went well.  I felt strong at times and slow at times.  Around mile 6.5 or 7, my form started to deteriorate.  That shows I need more hills or more rest.  I enjoyed the run with a friend who could have easily been far ahead of me, but she slowed her pace to help guide me on the dark route that I haven't yet committed to memory.

Today's run seemed slow.  The most exciting thing about it was my new shorts that rock!  I bought the Dart and Dash shorts at Lululemon yesterday after returning a pair to Athleta.   These are the basic style I prefer with, get this -- five pockets.  Plus the shorts have a stylish silicone design on the sides to hold my shirt in place so that it doesn't ride up while running.   I topped the shorts with my purple Athleta Energy top, which is also really cool with two pockets.  I felt like a kangaroo!  With my Nathan water bottle holder and its pocket for a phone, I had eight places to stash my stuff.  I only used two today.  It's the little things that get me excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment