Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Home from Boston

My family and I returned from Boston tonight.  Since Monday night we have been in New Hampshire staying with my cousin and her family in their log cabin.  It was the perfect retreat when we needed it. We were with family and visited the coast of Maine.  I checked Facebook while I was away and read a few quick news stories from my phone.  I have not had access to TV, newspapers or a computer.  When I got to the airport today, I bought a Boston newspaper and read it for hours in the airport and on the plane.  I am still processing what has happened as is most everyone else.  I have spoken with two reporters who asked me to share my story, a quite unremarkable one, but a unique one just as has each runner, spectator, volunteer, responder and Bostonian.  I will begin to write my story and share it in the days to come.  My heart is heavy, and my thoughts and prayers are with those who need comfort at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment