Monday, December 31, 2012

Settling into Winter Training in Georgia

Corner Store
On Saturday I ran four loops totaling 15 miles in the rural Georgia town of Cassville while visiting with my in-laws.  On the run I realized that I will be out in the cold, wind and rain a lot in the coming months, and I'm adapting. The 10% chance of rain materialized while the temperature was 40 degrees, and it rained lightly at some times.

Enjoyed passing the sheep until their herding dog expressed his dislike of me.

I enjoyed the new scenery along the two-lane curving roads.  This area has leash laws, so I felt safe from dogs.  Only on my third loop did a dog have a chance to charge at me.  A herding dog ran out of the open gate on its property and came close to me.  I slowed and did not look at it, hoping that the dog was protecting the sheep on the property and not wanting to engage me any more than I wanted to engage with it.  I was fine, but rerouted the end of the run.

The local cemetery is the final resting place for numerous Confederate soldiers killed in battle or as a result of their wounds.
Monday: 7 miles; 9:21 pace + 6 x 100 strides
Tuesday: Day off for Christmas
Wednesday: 8 hilly miles; 8:58 pace
Thursday: 6 miles; 9:25 pace
Friday: Cycling and Yoga; not done (traveling)
Saturday: 15 miles on Roads: 9:19 pace
Sunday: Day Off


No comments:

Post a Comment