Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Boston Training: Week 11; Recovery Week


Thank goodness for "Recovery Weeks!" A recovery week for me means a drop in mileage for the next long run.  When I see that on the schedule, I feel optimistic and rewarded. I am in the thick of things now.  I hit high mileage with a 20 mile hilly run on Saturday.  Since then I have been in recovery mode.  My legs ached over the weekend.  My muscles seem tight, and I pray to not get injured.  I am tired and fall asleep fast when I finally get to bed.  I am constantly hungry and eat all the time.  I wish I could say I eat lots of carrots and apples and such, but I find myself reaching for Girl Scout cookies and Valentines candy.  I am facing some tough weeks ahead, so this week of recovery is just what I needed.  My body needed it and my mind needed it.


Sat.:  20 hilly miles with an elevation gain of 1,066 and an elevation loss of 1,089;  9:15 pace
Sun.: Day off
Mon.: 7 miles general aerobic run; 9:12 average pace
Tues.: 6.5 miles at track for speed work with 2 mile warm up and 1 mile cool down with  5 X 800 meters at 5K race pace and 400 meter easy jogs in between.  Splits: 3:30, 3:21, 3:29, 3:26 and 3:30.
Wed.: 5 mile recovery run; 10:04 pace
Thurs.: day off
Fri.: 6 mile general aerobic run; 9:16 average pace

No comments:

Post a Comment