Saturday, January 26, 2013

Minor Injury

Last week I felt tightness in my right calf.  I had a massage to work it out and went about my training for several days. This Thursday the discomfort returned, and I decided to visit a sports medicine doctor.  His assessment is that this is a minor injury, probably a pulled muscle or tear, and he recommends one to two weeks of cross training.  This next week I will take a break from running to heal.  If something like this was to happen, I'm glad it's happening now and not closer to the race.


Mon.:  6 miles; 9:53 pace plus 6x100 m strides
Tues.: 7.5 miles;  7:57 average pace for 5 miles plus warm up and cool down
Wed.: 50 mins. bike
Thurs.: 10 miles; 9:15 pace (not completed) Did weights instead. Felt pain at the start of the treadmill run and went to Sports Med. doc.
Fri.: cycling + yoga; not completed because discomfort still present.
Sat.: 16 miles with 9 miles at 8:20 race pace; not completed per doc's advice.  90 min. bike instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment