Saturday, September 22, 2012

What a Week


I thought this week would feel unending.  After a six month wait, I registered for the Boston Marathon on Monday morning.  Then I began another wait to learn if my qualifying time will be accepted.  Registration for my group closed on Friday at 5PM.  After registering, I didn't think about it again until now.

My family and I are dealing with some medical issues with both girls and learned that things should get better for my six-year-old in about three months, but things might get worse for my ten-year-old before they get better.  It's been an emotional week.  It has helped me reframe what is important and what is not.

This morning on a 10 miler with two friends, I unloaded some of my burden, and then they filled me with optimism while sharing what is going on in their worlds. One friend is looking forward to starting a new job in Los Angeles and another will begin travelling across the country, stopping at national parks, on her way to a marathon in Washington State.  I am fortunate to run in the company of such fascinating and motivating women.








No comments:

Post a Comment