Sunday, December 15, 2013

Boston Marathon Training: Week 1

The American Tobacco Trail in Apex.

Saturday:  12 miles at 9:30 minute pace
Sunday:  rest
Monday:  5 miles at 10:00 minute pace, recovery run
Tuesday: 5 mile Fartlek Run with 6 sets of 2 minutes up tempo and 2 minute jogs (I did on treadmill, and it should have been 6 miles.)
Wednesday: cycling class and weight training
Thursday: 6 mile general aerobic run at 9:30 pace (I chose a hilly route)
Friday:  cycling class and weight training

*My coach developed my training plan based on my past and recent running history, my ability and goals, and the rigors of the Boston course.

I receive Runnersworld.com's DAILY KICK IN THE BUTT e-mail each day.  This week I took note of a quote by Jenny Simpson, an American middle distance and steeple chase runner, "The secret to racing is not about digging deep for more than you're capable of, it's about knowing exactly what you're capable of."


No comments:

Post a Comment