Sunday, March 24, 2013

Running with Joy and Gratitude

I am currently in the midst of the most grueling part of my Boston training and am testing my mental toughness.   I usually like each Runner's World quote of the day, but this week I especially related to the following Kristin Armstrong quote:

"I think I run my strongest when I run with joy, with gratitude, with focus, with grace.  With that strategy in place I can push myself for pleasure, not punishment.  Maybe you can only really go when you let go."

I repeated "I am running with joy and gratitude" as my mantra and affirmation during a few runs this week.    When running is this much work, I have to remind myself of this.

Boston Marathon Training this Past Week:

Mon.:  8 hilly miles; 8:57 pace
Tues.:  3 miles warm up/cool down + 5 x 600's at 7:30 pace with 400m jogs in between (I estimated distance and pace because I wasn't on a traditional track and couldn't see my pace well in the dark.)
Wed.: cycling class + yoga class
Thurs.: 9 miles; 9:11 pace
Fri.: 8 miles:  6 miles at 8:02 pace
Sat.: 11 miles; 8:49 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment