Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Fleet Feet Raleigh/Morrisville Racing Team

My cat Maddie likes my new Saucony Triumph shoes complimentary of Fleet Feet.  And so do I! 
I was recently selected to be a member of the Fleet Feet Raleigh/Morrisville Racing Team for the Spring season.  My understanding of the team is that it's not all about speed.  The application process involved providing an example of how I motivated someone to run.  My example was about talking a non-runner friend into joining me for weekly, early morning track workouts and the resulting fun we share racing together each summer.  I am honored to have been selected to this team because of some combination of my running ability and my ability to motivate others.

The team kicked off the season with a run from Raleigh Brewing Company last Wednesday along with the newly-forming Raleigh Fleet Feet Run Club. I was lucky to be able to join the group and feel the excitement and energy of fellow runners.  We ran from Raleigh Brewing to and through the NC State Campus in the dark.  I am an NC State alum and former NC State employee, but I had never run through campus. The highlight for me was passing the new and brightly illuminated student center.  

Ambassadors are expected to run three local races of their choice per season and to volunteer at a race.  In return we receive a pair of Saucony running shoes and a Saucony race kit of singlet and shorts.  This is a smart move on the part of Fleet Feet and Saucony.  I spend a small fortune on running shoes (they only last 300-500 mile), attire and accessories. This is despite always looking for sales and best pricing.  Being part of this team is allowing me to test the Saucony brand and most likely become a loyal supporter with my checkbook.

I was wearing Brooks Launch and was enjoying them (found them at clearance price).  This was a switch after years of wearing Brooks Ghost.  I liked Ghost and would still be wearing them had I been able to find them on sale when I needed them.  I have selected and am now wearing the Saucony Triumph ISO 2, which is a premium shoe designed with marathons in mind.  Most of my running attire besides race swag t-shirts is Athleta or Adidas.  My new Saucony Hydralite singlet and Impulse shorts are comfy and feather light. The team logo on the singlet incorporates an acorn symbolizing Raleigh.  I enjoyed a test run with all my new gear on a long run this past weekend.

I look forward to being part of this team, wearing my new clothes in upcoming races, and having a cushy ride in my springy new shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey June! Remember me from the Y? Regardless I'm a huge fan of Saucony gear. The bullet bottoms are the best bc they have side pockets big enough for a phone and stretchy enough to hold gloves and headbands.

    ReplyDelete