Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Killer Playlist


I went to the Killers concert at the Raleigh Red Hat Amphitheater on Monday night.  The Killers is one of my favorite bands, and the band members go along with me (on my iPod) on most of my runs and have during the last seven years.  I recognized the songs from my play list.  When they played one, I felt the need to run, but all I could do was move and dance around because I was sandwiched in the middle of a row along with one of my running buddies. Even though I was boxed in, the concert was amazing --  the singing, the music, the energy, the special effects and the fans showing their love!  I was lucky to get tickets and was pretty far from the stage, but the seats were center stage, so frontman Brandon Flowers was directly in front of me at times.  I had to stand on tiptoes to see him, so I got a good calf workout too.

The following are the Killers songs on my 2012 marathon playlist.  This is the last playlist I made.  Even though I got the band's latest CD "Battle Born" for Christmas 2012, I haven't uploaded new CD's and made a new list since then.  I will be sure to add numerous songs from Battle Born including "Miss Atomic Bomb" when I make my next playlist.  These days the songs I listen to most often are from Flower's solo CD "Flamingo." Whether together as the Killers or Flowers solo, collectively these songs have a good beat, are cleverly written and speak to me.  Flowers's vocals are strong, pleasing and passionate.  My ideal running songs!

Mr. Brightside
Jilted Lovers and Broken Hearts (just Flowers)
Was It Something I Said (just Flowers)
Magdalena (just Flowers)
Crossfire (just Flowers)
Loosing Touch
Human
Spaceman
Joy Ride
A Dustland Fairytale
This is Your Life
I Can't Stay
The World We Live In
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
Somebody Told Me
All These Things That I've Done
Change Your Mind
When You Were Young


No comments:

Post a Comment